Are you ready for Weight Loss — Done Different!?
Let me start with a few questions. There are no right or wrong answers. This is about YOU! (Is that already different??)
- How much weight would you like to lose?
- How long have you struggled with your weight? Body image?
- What have you made most important about taking off the weight? About looking good? Or about getting healthy?
- Are you desiring to lose weight for YOU or are you choosing it to feel more comfortable in someone else’s world?
- Have you tried other programs without success and KNOW that something else is possible?
What no one has ever told you …..
Weight gain, especially around your midsection (from your belly button to mid-thigh), is the result of the Stress Response! The Stress Response is a predictable response made by your body’s 10 different organ systems when a continual demand is places upon it. This means when the body gets stressed in any way, it must find a way to ‘deal’ with that stress. It regulates and adapts to stress using the autonomic nervous system and/or the endocrine system.
If you were truly choosing for you today, what would you choose right away?
Let me tell you a story …..
While enjoying a beautiful walk in nature, you accidentally disturb a sleeping bear. You immediately realize your mistake and begin to run. Your body goes into the ‘fight or flight’ response. The brain, via your endocrine system, begins to conserve as a means of survival because it doesn’t know how long it will need to run.
Your hormones kick in to try and help. The adrenals secrete Cortisol to send available sugar through the bloodstream to the brain (the control center!) The pancreas in its struggle to restore balance to the cells secretes inulin thus pulling the sugar into the blood. But we can’t have too much sugar in the blood or we will all be diabetic! And yet, the body cannot store this sugar. It must convert it into triglycerides and eventually abnormal fat cells to be stored. WHERE? Yup, you guessed it, between the belly button and mid thigh.
These days, your body will react to any of the day-to-day stressors the same way it would if you ran into a bear in the woods; your adrenals go crazy, your blood sugar tries to stabilize and your body just does not know what to do. My program provides the tools for you to actualize your weight loss goals and get healthy. You do not have to choose one or the other!
What my program includes:
- 20-35lbs weight loss in 6 weeks
- Personalized approach (co-creation of a program based on your needs and history)
- Education about food choices
- Support and accountability that fosters long term success
Effects of Stress Response on your Body
- Sugar imbalances –> anxiety, depression, mood disorder, restless leg, insomnia
- Increased heart rate –> high blood pressure
- Chronic muscle fatigue –> stiff, sore joints
- Slower digestion –> heartburn, indigestion, bowel issues
- Decreased hormone production –> sexual dysfunction, hot flashes/night sweats
- Metabolic syndrome –> pre-diabetes, increased cholesterol and triglycerides, abnormal blood fats
- Bladder problems –> increased urgency, nocturnal urination
- Increased perspiration –> Skin problems
This is Weight Loss – Done Different and we are here to bring you the awareness that change is possible if you choose it!!